Thread: Mod 52 mags
View Single Post

Old 11-18-2020, 08:49 PM

Liked 14,858 Times in 5,050 Posts

Haha we have two different things being discussed here it seems.

1) OP is asking if factory OEM magazines were ever made or offered beyond 5-rounds. I think we can safely and accurately say no, never.

2) magazines later modified to 6 rounds were very common in decades gone by and yes, it would be a little crazy to make a conscious choice to do that now

I wouldn’t pay market price for a magazine now that has been modified — but that’s not really saying much because I will HELL NO pay current market on 52 mags anyway. But I sure wouldn’t be afraid of a modified magazine, I would just want to see the modification reflected in the price.

As a side note, Mec-Gar has a blurb on their website that tells you to suggest products you’d like to see. I suggested these. They were very quick to reply “sorry, we have no plans to do that.”

Frankly, I think they are out of their damn minds. Look at the market, and these haven’t been made in YEARS and Mec-Gar could price these damn things at $60 each and the public would buy them by the dozen. And Mec-Gar are real pros and if they made these, they would work.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: