View Single Post

Old 11-21-2020, 06:08 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 930 Times in 299 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevens View Post
You are in a much better and easier position if you are an American returning home than if you are an American entering Canada.
1986-Motorcycle trip to Montreal: We went to Americade in Lake George early so we could visit Montreal. As we approached the Canadian check point (100 yards away minimum) in between US and Canadian crossings (no mans land) I raised up my 35mm camera to take a picture of the Canadian border crossing. I did this while moving on my 1983 Electra Glide (about 30 mph, bike was dead stable smooth with no hands). There were no cars at all the lanes that looked like a giant toll booth. When we stopped, a female border agent approached me and said give me the film now! I said why and no I would not? She said you took a picture with me in it (100 yards away reminder). I said it had my wife, kids, and dad on it before we left Virginia. She said I will tear apart everything you have on that bike if you don't! And I mean she was ferocious too! I gave her the film, boy was I shocked and sad.

Returning to the USA 2 days later: Another female border agent (US). Why were you only in Canada for 2 days? Are you running drugs? Do you have heroine in your bike? Holy sh#t are you kidding me!! Since I was a US citizen I let her have it good..explained we were from the Americade rally and what Canada already did and if you want to search me then do it because I'm fed the hell up with all this treatment! She let us go. Sheesh the 3rd degree. I haven't been back since.

Foot note: Montreal had some of the nicest strip clubs and gorgeous women I've ever seen! Craziest drivers too.

And someone wants to buy primers and bring them back? YIKES

Last edited by Mike0251; 11-21-2020 at 06:23 AM.