View Single Post

Old 11-24-2020, 03:48 AM

Liked 1,426 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BE Mike View Post
I think that rampant inflation will not only affect ammo in the coming years. Once the supply of ammo reaches a near saturation point, the prices will come down. Nobody knows how much. Of course any pending legislation affecting the ability to purchase ammo or a tax would greatly affect the price.
There's been plenty of talk on shutting down online purchasing, and we do see that already in place in several states. It wouldn't shock me if they pushed it through, or at least tried to.

As for buying locally, I strongly suspect a "sin tax" similar to what they did on cigarettes years ago will be in discussions. Think about it this way- not only would it cause ammo to be harder to get (more expensive), but after this year, there's going to be a lot of budget shortages due to decreased tax income and loss of productivity. Taxing an in-demand product higher will be quite appealing to lots of politicians on both sides, I bet. Those on "our side" will say it's a way to make it available.

That's why I wonder about people talking of selling stuff for a profit right now. Seems kinda shortsighted.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: