View Single Post

Old 11-25-2020, 12:57 AM

Liked 626 Times in 243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient-one View Post
I was shooting at a outdoor range and this guy and his girl friend came to a spot close to me. The girl had not shot a handgun before and he had a .500 for her to shoot. One shot did it and I doubt if she will ever shoot again.
He asked me if I wanted to shoot it and it was hard to make my No Thanks sound decent. He was a jerk, first class. A smaller caliber and she might have liked the sport.
I do NOT like Twit's like the one you described!! Before I let ANYONE shoot my 500 I'll question them so's to find out if they've shot a high powered pistol before and go from there! So far I've not come across anyone who's actually fired one of these Beastie's so I pretty much treat all of them the same when I run them through just what to expect, check their stance, etc... Then I'll load just 1 round for them to try which is one of my reloads, a 350gr Berry's or 350gr Hornady XTP HP loaded to about 1200fps. Almost all have been surprised at the lack of recoil that they were expecting to get!! Then and ONLY then will I ask if they wanna try a 500gr Hornady full house magnum. And Again.. They only get 1 bullet!!!!

I'm Big into doing the Barney Fife thing when I let someone fire my gun!!! To me it's a lot safer way for a person with no experience to fire the gun because there is NO chance of a doublefire!!

Oh yeah, mine's got the 8-3/"8 barrel which I believe helps a lot with the recoil!!
The Following 2 Users Like Post: