View Single Post

Old 11-26-2020, 10:28 PM

Liked 25,757 Times in 8,706 Posts

Let me put it to you this way......... I have NEVER had a primer fail due to age or storage conditions. Last year someone gave me two boxes of CCI Primers (1 box 1,000 large, 1 box 1,000 small) and the boxes were totally damp & destroyed. They even had a bit of mildew on them. There were loose primers all over the cardboard box he kept both Primer boxes in along with some other reloading equipment & parts. This was all stored in his damp, hot in the summer and cold in the winter garage. I was thinking about how to dispose of them when I said to myself, let me just load 50 rounds (45acp) and test them. Two weeks ago I went out to the Range with the 50 test bullets and guess what - every single round worked perfectly! Not only were these Primers stored in the worst possible place and conditions but they have to be 30 or more years old and were in his garage for many many years.

Even without seeing your Primers I'd bet they will work just fine! Load some up and test them out. Primers are the toughest part of a cartridge and it takes a whole lot to destroy them!
The Following User Likes This Post: