View Single Post

Old 11-28-2020, 10:13 PM

Liked 1,721 Times in 630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrefrig View Post
Redcoat3340, When you went to have a look-see, were you looking out the windows or did you actually go outside and look around? I'm just curious because I don't think I would go outside when my lights came on. That's just me, because 1, I have a ton of deer and other animals up here in my section of the city, and 2, I live in Pittsburgh, in the city, and I believe even though PA has that "stand your ground" and "castle" doctrines, I would still have to stay in the house and let them break in THEN pop the perp. Or give them verbal (yelling) warning I have a gun. It seems there are too many instances of people being guilty until proven innocent now days, any city.
I did NOT go out for the very reason you cite. I'm not taking any chances with Western Washington DAs; if someone is in the house they've broken in and I'm in a better position for self defense. Plus if there's more than one I don't want to be in a position of being outside and not knowing where the bad guys are. At least inside they either come in the door or try a window, but I know the entry points.

And my strategy is to hold up in the bedroom, put my wife in a closet with 3 walls; call the sheriff; and wait from concealment behind the bathroom wall, looking at the door. I have a light on the gun but the bedroom is at the end of a 15 ft. hallway that I make sure backlights anyone coming into the bedroom, which is in the dark except for a bedside clock, so I can see them but they can't see me.

Question: Does anyone plan on a "password" for the sheriff? If someone were knocking at my door after a 911 call, how can I be sure it's really the police? I figure on giving the 911 dispatcher a sign and counter sign for the arriving LEO; and although it might confuse things, it seems like a good idea.
The Following User Likes This Post: