View Single Post

Old 12-11-2020, 10:10 PM

Liked 59 Times in 33 Posts

I'm not criticizing as I would also go seek the bump and confront the threat. I'm retiring in 9 days and I read posts and put myself in the situation. I'm in the middle of the woods personally.

Everyone's situation is different. I don't pretend to know yours. Most nights my former issued G22 G3 is by my nightstand. Light beside it but not on the gun rail. Open walk in closet is a Rem 870 police model, cruiser ready with 6 shot sidesaddle and a SureFire light.

I'm relatively tactical and know the movements around my home in the dark. Now that i am retiring I am attempting to retrain my mental aspect to take defensive position and let the threat come to me. In my home it is just me and my 3 kids. We are all on top floor so it is not a convaluted mess if something is awry outside.

Things to think on. If I were coming after you I'd want you outside and not inside where you have a comfort level and I have no clue of your home layout.

An old timer told me once....Wherever you lay your head for the night close your eyes and image the door kicked in violently. How much time before that wired bad guy is on you? Imagine it and then realize whatever time you think you have is far less in reality.