View Single Post

Old 12-12-2020, 09:36 AM

Liked 2,596 Times in 1,132 Posts

Maybe seven years ago, when the snubbie craze had started to go crazy, I saw a 2-1/2" Model 66-4 on GB with no reserve and an opening bid of $416. The gun looked absolutely like new in its photos. I even downloaded them so I could enlargen them but it still looked great. I placed the initial $416 bid just to get things started for the seller and waited for the rest of the world to jump in and run it up to a grand or more. As primarily a target shooter, I don't even care all that much for snubbies but if I was going to buy one "right," I figured this might be an opportunity and was determined not to bid any higher.

Ten days later, I completely unexpectedly received the "You won..." email from GB. Why no one else bid is a mystery to me. The seller described the gun as being in "average condition" and that may have deterred some people but it shouldn't have prevented any higher bids. So you never know...

But in the social climate we now live, I'm glad I have it. My usual carry gun is an S&W E-Series 1911 but when I want to not have to worry about a "gun print" though my clothing, I carry the 66-4 in a Lobo Gun Leather Advanced Pancake holster and six extra rounds on my belt in a matching Lobo carrier. The Combat stocks, by the way, are Thailand knock-offs in maple purchased for $91.00 shipped from discovery_at_me on eBay.

Ed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1295.jpg (91.4 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1296.jpg (88.7 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1297.jpg (104.5 KB, 44 views)
The Following 3 Users Like Post: