View Single Post

Old 12-23-2020, 02:54 AM

Liked 91 Times in 53 Posts

Final Timeline for my EZ 9:

• 11/23/2020 request for label sent
  • 11/24/2020 label rec'd by email
  • 11/24/2020 Dropped at FedEx (2 days before Thanksgiving)
  • 11/30/2020 Delivered to S&W, 8:30 am (Monday after Thanksgiving)
  • 12/4/2020 S&W acknowledges receipt
  • 12/17/2020 Called S&W to inquire about gun, told that it was complete, they had replaced the hammer, and that it was in shipping waiting for a label.
  • 12/18/2020 FedEx picks up from S&W
  • 12/21/2020 Delivered to my home

There must be an adult home to accept the return delivery.

The paperwork included with the returned gun only says "recall complete" and not specifically what they did.

BUT - I had replaced my front sight with a fiber optic from Dawson Precision. The instructions from S&W did not say anything about non factory parts being replaced with OEM parts and the sight had absolutely nothing to do with the safety recall. S&W put a stock white dot front sight on the gun. They did not return the sight that was on the gun. So, my gun was out of my hands for 28 days, 18 business days and they removed my sight.

A call to S&W customer service resulted in them telling me that they would send me a fiber optic front sight for the gun. I will probably end up buying another Dawson sight because it was a bit shorter than the stock sight to raise the point of impact. I'll have to shoot the gun to see what I'm going to do.

Why would they do the extra work that cost me and them more money?

Ruger is up front about replacing aftermarket parts with OEM parts if you send your gun in for service to them. If S&W had stated this policy in the instructions they sent with the shipping label (I actually read them) I would have removed the front sight before I sent the gun in.