View Single Post

Old 12-25-2020, 05:55 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 1,087 Times in 426 Posts

I am going the other direction, enabler that I am. I have a Model 10 round butt that I got with issues. I replaced the barrel with a 3" and found another cylinder. I did some careful work with a range rod and found that the new 2 me cylinder lined up with simple replacement of the cylinder and ejector rod. I sent the new 2 me cylinder to Pinnacle Gunsmithing (look it up on Google). He cut the cylinder for moon clips in 9mm. I now have a weapon capable of firing both cartridges with the 2 cylinders by dropping one screw and replacing the cylinder. Until recently, 9mm was the cheapest centerfire defense cartridge. The barrels used by S&W for both cartridges are internally the same and the .357 lands catch and spin the .355 bullet although not as deeply. I have recovered and examined bullets fired from my gun. The new Speer Gold Dot, Hornaday Critical Defense, etc. 124 gr 9mm are very effective in LE testing. All in all, I have $300 in this effective 2 caliber defense gun. Although it is not pretty, you don't want me shooting at you with either cylinder installed. BTW, can anyone change this jpg file so it will enlarge? OK, redid photos

Last edited by reccpd101; 12-27-2020 at 12:16 AM.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: