View Single Post

Old 12-29-2020, 12:45 PM

Liked 9,427 Times in 4,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh View Post
I have 32-20 project in mind. I thinking about a 3in, RB, checkered back strap, fix sight k frame with a gold dot front sight. Something along the lines of a kings super police.

I already have 1905 32-20 barrel. The potential base guns are a,
1905he with a bad bore and some end shake,no finish.
A 10-5 with no finish, it would need a 32-20 cylinder or a reamed 22lr cylinder.
A 10-7 with some minor finish issues and the same cylinder options as above.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Dave,

I love 32-20s and generally jump tight on this kind of topic... I don’t know how I missed this one last week, but I’m interested and now I’m here to your party! First, I want to know how you plan to load and shoot this proposed gun; sedate, factory equivalent or “Cowboy Loads” or venturing into higher performance? Second, is the option “a” you mention (the 1905 HE with bad bore and end shake) already in hand and chambered for 32-20? If so, and if you don’t plan on pushing the power envelope, this would be the most logical candidate. You could screw in the barrel and adjust barrel to cylinder gap, fix the end shake with some washers from Brownell’s, and you’d be good to go.

If you have to buy a donor gun and cylinder, I personally would go with a post-War model 10 (or 15 if I wanted adjustable sights.). The cylinder question has already been answered... just get a standard 22 LR or Magnum cylinder and have it fitted and rebored to 32-20. You will need to have it bored with recessed rims or have the rear face of the cylinder milled to give necessary headspace.

Please keep us apprised of your progress on this build. It sounds like it can be a really good one

Regards,
Froggie
The Following User Likes This Post: