View Single Post

Old 12-29-2020, 03:18 PM

Liked 5,748 Times in 534 Posts

In Vietnam, it was awash with weapons. No body cared about us advisors, we were rarely visited by anybody. I gave an M3 .45 SMG to a Jesuit priest in a tiny village along the Cambodian border, he showed me his revolver, and I told him when they come to kill you, that will never work, so gave him my M3 and a sack of magazines. Decades later, I read a great obituary about him, he made it back and devoted his life to his faith.

I shot about 600 Kodachromes with my Pentax, and a few years ago, had about 80 professionally digitalized, they look as good as the day I shot them. But the above is the only one I have relating to a revolver, so the moderators would not appreciate any other pictures.

Indeed, in Desert Storm, the army was far more explicit, all I had was my issue .45. By then I was a physician, and another MD brought his Beretta 92, and our hospital commander made him turn it into our armory until we returned. I heard of other returning troops getting caught with AK's and such when they DROS'd back 'Stateside.

I was CO of A/1/5 for 18 months out of Bragg when I got back, was MACV and not SF "in-country."

All the best, and stay safe.... SF VET
The Following 83 Users Like Post:
29-1, 31FordA, A10, ameridaddy, ancient-one, AQBill, Blinkers, Bob L, Dale53, Derosa, Erocksmash, fatcat3, fordson, FredBart, Freelancer99, Gamecoc430, Golddollar, Golphin, Greyman50, Hair Trigger, halvenut, HardToHandle, heeter3, Hognfrog, Igiveup, jag1954, JayCeeNC, JD3006, jfd, jimgoldth, John F., John Patrick, Kevin J., Krogen, Kurusu, LenS, les.b, Lewel, llowry61, local_dirt, lrrifleman, M E Morrison, MacGuffin, MAG-NUM, medic15al, MG-70, michaelp00, mike christensen, Mike-4, moosedog, mrchuck, Muley Gil, Nedroe, old tanker, oldogy, Ole Joe Clark, oneeyedpete, pab340, PatAz, Protocall_Design, reccpd101, Recusant, REM 3200, Riverboys, Rodfac, rwt1405, S-W4EVER, Sarge9, shadetree, Shooter Mike, skwchock, Straightshooter2, Tadeus67, TheHobbyist, TheIntersect, Tntcwg3, Ugly Hombre, usmc2427765, vt_shooter, wheelyfun66, will527, YkcorCal, Zarr