View Single Post

Old 12-29-2020, 07:06 PM

Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Default Bodyguard 380 Reliability

Has there been any revisions of the Bodyguard 380 that improved reliability?

I bought one nearly a decade ago. At first, I had no issues at all, but after a few years, I started having a slide lock issue. It went back to S&W, and then came back with a mag drop issue. It then went back to S&W again and came back with not only a mag drop issue, but with FTF and FTE issues as well. I finally gave up and bought a M&P 340 for cc, but I kept missing the slimness of the Bodyguard 380. After a few years I then got a Sig P365 in hopes it would fill that hole, but it didn’t. So I started replacing components in the bodyguard on my own in a desperate attempt to make it reliable. I changed the mag release with a Galloway precision part, which fixed the mag drop issue. I tried replacing the recoil spring, but that actually made FTE worse, so that was changed back. I then tried new mags and a Galloway precision mag spring. The Galloway mag spring seemed to help, but didn’t completely resolve the FTF and FTE. On a side note, I have also tried multiple ammo types, with some having more success than others, but all having some issues.

So that bring us to the present. Despite the constant reliability issues, I just love the way the bodyguard 380 carries. I want this thing to work to the point I’m considering buying a new one. So here’s the question again. Has there been any revisions of the bodyguard 380? I’m willing to put down the money for a new one, but only if there has been improvements. I appreciate any feedback!
The Following User Likes This Post: