View Single Post

Old 12-31-2020, 04:02 PM

Liked 17,102 Times in 6,271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMagg View Post
I'm very happy with my thumb safety, and I'm gonna disagree with you 1 time, and one time only! Smith and Wesson "will" fix that safety, 50 bucks on it brother!

So OP, we do want to know! lol
I'll take that bet, but on a condition; we'd have to measure the amount of pressure necessary now and what it's like after the "fix" by S&W. That way we can know definitively if they've made any change.

I've read about too many guns being sent to S&W for repair only to see them come back the same. Sometimes S&W states that they've fixed them and sometimes they say it's in spec and do nothing. I suspect this one will be the same. S&W will either "fix" it or say that it's in spec, but the feel will be the same regardless. Why? Because this is a super common complaint. People have had this complaint since the day the thumb safety appeared on the M&P line. Yet, S&W has never made any change to the design. So, I suspect they'll do nothing and say it's in spec.

Honestly, I'd love to be wrong and have it come back from the factory in satisfactory condition.