View Single Post

Old 12-31-2020, 07:44 PM

Liked 9,410 Times in 4,220 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgt4570 View Post
I found a new old stock 2" K 32 barrel (with half-moon front sight) several years back.
I've finally got around to starting the project. My gunsmith is polishing the barrel for me. It's new, in the white and I don't have the time.
It will probably go on a British Victory parts gun.
I have .32-20 cylinders and all the small parts.
A 2" barrel for a K 32 is pretty unusual! Can we assume it is round top rather than having the rib of a target model? The Victory Model receiver will work quite well for your project, and the 32-20 cylinder should be an easy install. You will need the special, shorter extractor rod assembly to mate up with that 2" barrel.

To get max value out of your project, you might consider seeking out a K22 cylinder and having it bored to 32 S&W L. I've done two builds of K frame 32s, a 32 S&W L and a 327 Fed Mag. I'm very pleased with both of them. Here is a thread on the building of my Model 16-3 Homage;

My Faux K-32 is Here!

I would encourage you to start a fresh thread devoted to the building you will be doing on this gun. We are all sidewalk supervisors here and love to watch and offer suggestions. By all means keep us informed and abreast of your project.

Please feel free to contact me in this proposed thread or via PM for any assistance I can render. Needless to say, this is a topic near and dear to my heart. I've just gotten the last major part for my next 32 build... an I frame Kit Gun in 32 S&W L.

Regards,
Froggie
The Following 2 Users Like Post: