View Single Post

Old 01-03-2021, 02:45 PM

Liked 803 Times in 419 Posts
Thumbs up We'll never know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastoff View Post
I'll take that bet, but on a condition; we'd have to measure the amount of pressure necessary now and what it's like after the "fix" by S&W. That way we can know definitively if they've made any change.

I've read about too many guns being sent to S&W for repair only to see them come back the same. Sometimes S&W states that they've fixed them and sometimes they say it's in spec and do nothing. I suspect this one will be the same. S&W will either "fix" it or say that it's in spec, but the feel will be the same regardless. Why? Because this is a super common complaint. People have had this complaint since the day the thumb safety appeared on the M&P line. Yet, S&W has never made any change to the design. So, I suspect they'll do nothing and say it's in spec.

Honestly, I'd love to be wrong and have it come back from the factory in satisfactory condition.
I am just as concerned as you Brother about Smith and Wesson's newer weapon's and the issues that purchasing one seems to bring with it... and I can't hit a dang thing with my 5" .40 M&P!

But it's NOT the Trigger, and its NOT the safety, the trigger is consistent and goes "bang" exactly when I expect it to, and the safety is no less than "lovely", "perfect" even! nice, smooth, precise, audible application, and same goes for "flicking" the safety OFF! "Click!", "Click!", and I love the longer lever!

I'm extremely disappointed at times when poster's who by all appearances have issues with recent production Smith and Wesson's, who come with their concerns, and are roundly criticized for questioning Smith and Wesson's response to their apparently legitimate concerns..

On the other hand, I do believe that Smith and Wesson would give their full attention to rectifying an issue with a manual safety. I don't think Smith and Wesson's issues are because they don't care, I think they do care, but they are likely overwhelmed by the tremendous work load, and it is no doubt difficult to diagnose and rectify specific issues with specific firearms that may be intermittent and difficult to pin down.

but you are no doubt right that Smith and Wesson should resolve this issue post-haste, and it is disappointing that they would skim over what appears to have become a "known issue".

Cheers and Happy New Year Komrade Rastoff!