View Single Post

Old 01-08-2021, 01:36 AM

Liked 2,954 Times in 1,054 Posts

This is an unfair evaluation based on assumptions. I have not handled one. I have seen one YouTube review. The reviewer didn’t quite seem to know what to say about it, although he tried to stay positive. My opinion as a red dot sight shooter:

Realistically, this a large, heavy, ungainly, expensive ghost ring sight that just so happens to have glass and a red dot. The small window size severely limits its usefulness for self defense. If it is to be used just as an expensive range toy, then ignore the rest of this post.

However, it’s a ghost ring that doesn’t work because the middle is higher than the top of the former rear sight. Thus lining up the front sight in the middle of the rear ghost ring (as the eye will naturally want to do) will cause the gun to aim low and hit high. Because the window is so small, the front sight can actually obscure the sight picture. Ideally, with such a small window, the shooter would want to make that front sight disappear out the bottom of the little window and still have the dot centered. May as well remove the front sight too.

If you can line this up and find the red dot quickly, you could probably shoot just as well with irons. It appears it would be of little help for fast, threat-focused shooting, the biggest advantage of normally-sized red dot sights that allow hits without aligning the irons.

To detail strip the slide, the sight must be removed to access the back plate.

If carried, especially AIWB, the much extended back of the slide may be uncomfortable and add some difficulty to concealment.

This sight seems to strike out into new territory answering some questions that I haven’t heard anyone ask. I don’t even know what the questions are.

If there is any advantage, it’s the dove tail mounting that would allow the owner to remove it quickly and get his shoot’n iron back in fighting shape.

That’s right; I think it is a silly marketing gimmick.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: