View Single Post

Old 01-08-2021, 01:21 PM

Liked 5,780 Times in 625 Posts

Thanks for the post Bob.. Great information. Regarding price sometimes as is the case in Cali when we look at specialized or vertically focus guns like this one, a seller has to find the buyer willing to drop cash. The cost for this one is based on the location when it was purchases and regional interest. I'm glad my buy was good within the group, nevertheless in this case it was a fair sell and purchase number maybe a little favoring the buyer. Again in this case the gun was purchased in a package with the 1934 which FTR was not inexpensive relatively speaking. It always levels out.. Signed clyde barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by two-bit cowboy View Post
Handsome Baby!

Based on other high 3-digit and low 4-digit serial numbered Chiefs, I'd guess yours shipped near the end of 1951, November or December.

We know from a list on the SWCA side of the forum that only 19 .38 Chiefs Specials shipped in 1950. Conjecture, based on the ones in my database, leads me to believe only about 1,600 shipped in 1951, most in the last two months of the year.

For the price you hinted you paid, you should turn yourself in for theft. Congrats!

Most 3-digit sales I've known of in the last couple years have been between $2k and $3k.
The Following User Likes This Post: