View Single Post

Old 01-10-2021, 12:13 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Smile Middle finger as Trigger finger.

After twenty five years of lessons, reading and practice I still couldn't cure missing down and left. Recently, out of the blue I wondered about switching trigger fingers. I read the blogs and practiced dry-firing. It felt comfortable and natural. After I was sure I was safe I went to the range with the 4 semi-autos I use most (3-9mm and 1-40 cal) I was amazed at the positive results. I still wasn't perfect but I was a lot more accurate and my shots were evenly dispersed closely on and around the aiming point. It was also much easier to hold my sights on target between shots.
Surely there will be negative responses to my blog, but remember that shooting like many other sports and activities is not a science, it's an art. Picasso and Rembrandt are both wonderful artists but their techniques and styles are very different. Remember, "More than one way to skin a cat". If you're cursed with small hands or having accuracy problems you might give it a try. Practice dry firing for a while until it feels natural and comfortable before you go to the range. Be careful, be safe and have fun. I hope it works for you as well as it did for me. And finally, Massad Ayoob recommends it for shooters with small hands. Which of you critics claims to know more about guns than Mas?

Last edited by Crown Vic; 01-11-2021 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Addition
The Following User Likes This Post: