View Single Post

Old 01-11-2021, 11:56 PM

Liked 198 Times in 51 Posts
Default Gunsmith recommendation

Suggestions on gunsmith that can perform all the work listed, that people have personally used and have been pleased with the work performed by said gunsmith. All the finish work will be performed by Fords plating.

I have 4 revolvers that I would like to have work performed on, but I don't trust Smith And Wesson to perform the work. I don’t mind paying for the work. Selling the guns I have isn’t a option as I don’t want pay what these guns value would be if I bought originals not to mention I want to carry these, so I don't care about shooting them or running rounds through them. They’ll shoot 38sp + p most of the time but I want to maybe load mixed 3 38sp+p and 3 357mag sometimes. These guns will be passed down to my boys later on.

1. Model 19-4 3" barrel, round butt. It needs action work and timing and ratchet/hand fitted and b/c gap corrected.

2. Model 66-2 2.5” barrel, round butt that I would like to have a 3” k comp mod 66 barrel installed and action work and timing and ratchet/hand fitted and b/c gap corrected.

3. Model 10-7 round butt that I would like to have model 65 barrel and cylinder installed and action work and timing and ratchet/ hand fitted and b/c gap corrected.

4. Model 66-4 5” square butt converted to round butt and 3” v- comp barrel installed and action work and timing and ratchet/hand fitted and b/c gap corrected.