Thread: CZ To Buy Colt?
View Single Post

Old 01-12-2021, 07:21 PM

Liked 25,616 Times in 8,661 Posts

I LOVE Colts - always have. That said, they have always been in financial straits since I've been collecting and - - a poorly run Company too. I wish they were being bought by an American Company instead - but at least CZ seems to know how to run a gun Company better than Colt. I own a CZ long gun and it's a very high quality rifle!

It's my opinion that since the 1970's Colt has been run my a bunch of "pencil pushers" and not "gun people". Since they lost most of their Military contracts, they are and have been in sad financial shape.

I have had no real complaints with Colt's quality, workmanship or customer service and have actually been quite pleased over the last 40 years. I just wish they had a better idea on what to produce and when. They are always cash strapped and can not take advantage of current trends or come up with new designs for the 21st century. They always seem to miss the boat!

If this does go through I would hope to see improvements Company wide! I do hope they at least keep a small tiny office in CT so they can legally keep the address on the barrel - I also hope their manufacturing gets the hell out of the Northeast so they don't get sued out of business - at least if that is doable.
The Following User Likes This Post: