View Single Post

Old 01-13-2021, 01:11 AM

Liked 676 Times in 312 Posts

A few months ago, I got a pretty good deal on a Turkish import auto 12 gauge. The recoil is a breeze compared to pumps, feeling about 50% of what I am used to in an 870. My investment to date with Nordic extended tube and a tactical light is about $250. Better sights than the 870:too.

I will likely buy a nicer import shotgun in the near future, but found a shotgun that is fun to shoot I realize I am getting older and less recoil is better.

@LCC - everyone raves about the Beretta 1301, but the $1000+ cost was putting me off. I had been prowling around for an old A5 or other low priced auto to try out the 12ga. Autos. I have always been an indifferent shotgunner.

I ended up putting in a dozen or so Gunbroker bids on Turkish imports from ST Auctions. I bid low and finally got one for well under $200. Appears to be very similar to the TriStar shotguns and several other names, all which seem to come from Berika as the OEM. No warranty, so I was rolling the dice.

Less than 150 shells to date, so I don’t know about the longer term durability. Reliability has been great, as the only malfunctions were with 1.5” mini shells, which do not feed and did not recoil enough to feed the next 2 3/4” shell. Maybe it also bobbled with a non lethal rubber star round too, but also expected. I found it reliable with high brass, low brass, three different slugs, etc. The stock has an effective rubber cushioning pad... Not the most attractive, but a joy on my also-repaired shoulder and partially rewired upper/lower back.

Last point is with some trial and error, I found the Nordic Components Benelli Nova thread pitch matched the magazine tube. I was able to add a +2 shell tube easily after that.

Last edited by HardToHandle; 01-13-2021 at 02:26 PM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: