View Single Post

Old 01-13-2021, 10:53 AM

Liked 13,727 Times in 4,974 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt_saa View Post
There will always be haters of ported firearms

They repeat the same incorrect assumptions that have been circling the Internet and the water cooler/coffee shops that came before the Internet. Sometimes they even quote a firearms expert or two. You will set your cloths on fire if you shoot from retention, or you will blast debris into your eyes. The muzzle flash will blind you if you have to shoot at night, you will be deafened by the sound from the port, etc, etc.

I have had an L-comp since they were released in 2000.

This is not my first ported/compensated firearm and by no means is it my last. I have put tens of thousands of rounds down range through the firearms over the decades

I am guessing that you have not yet fired an L-comp or one of it's many Smith & Wesson brothers

There is no giant muzzle flash that blinds you while shooting. If one actually existed, EVERY shooter would have been blinded by the flash that comes from your revolvers barrel/cylinder gap. There are plenty of internet photos of the extreme flash from the B/C gap. Why are we all not blinded from that ?

If you are on the fence enough to listen to a few hundred Internet opinions, then your best bet is to actually shoot one of these firearms or something similar. That is the only way that you will know if it works for you or not

Unfortunately you never went into your profile to complete the information. We have no idea where you are located. If you are in the Central Florida region, I would be glad to meet with you and give you the opportunity to shoot an L-comp along side some non-ported snubbies
Remember what I said about opinions..................