View Single Post

Old 01-29-2021, 03:57 PM

Liked 6,614 Times in 2,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHL View Post
I have had many orders with S&W.

I never ask for a certain part for a specific model.

I ALWAYS provide part numbers (sometimes the CS reps ask ME what the part is and what it fits) and I've consequently NEVER received a wrong part from S&W.

John
I have.

Even after repeatedly confirming the correct part number on orders.

Matter of fact, it just recently happened with some M&P 9/.40 mag springs. That was after double and then triple checking the correct part number and model application. Then, after finally getting the right springs shipped following the wrong ones shipped, they didn't get the quantity right. I had to call again and get them to ship more springs, like were listed on the original order (when they shipped the wrong springs).

It hasn't happened often, but it has happened throughout the years.

I suspect that now, with some of the parts coming out of their new facilities in other states and with their newer computer systems, it's not as easy for someone to walk over to Parts or Pistol or Revolver Repair to confirm the right part.

Well, then there was that time they shipped half a dozen pistol barrels I'd ordered to the wrong agency. Luckily, it was a local agency and they realized the order had been intended for us. I figured that balanced out, though, since the company later shipped us a box of pistol magazines we'd not ordered (and which had been intended for another agency). I had to call back to figure out where the magazines had been intended to go.

One day I got a shipment of some mag springs I didn't recognize, by part number or the green paint. Turned out they were for the CS40, and I'd ordered more standard .45 mag springs.

You make enough orders over enough years, and you get surprised every once in a while.

S&W isn't the only gun company to mix up parts orders, either. BTDT.

Last edited by Fastbolt; 01-29-2021 at 03:58 PM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: