View Single Post

Old 02-06-2021, 02:21 AM

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default 624 Saga

I guess my name is on a bunch of posts in this thread so I'd like to recap what I did with my nearly mint 6" 624 that didn't come with a box so the issue of the recall had to be solved.

I had the cylinder magna fluxed after testing to see if a 44 Mag round would chamber. It wouldn't. The magna flux was done in the back of a pickup when I met the owner of the equipment at a restaurant where he wanted me to buy his lunch for the effort. Took about an hour to set everything up and the cylinder passed with no tracks of any cracking. I bought him lunch and off he went.

I sold the 624 after shooting it a bunch.....great revolver and handled all factory and my reloads fine. Just didn't need it anymore and got what I paid for it.

I subsequently satisfied my desire for a custom 44 Spl by having David Clements make one for me out of a Ruger OM 357 Mag I found that was mint and cheap. Obviously, it cost a bunch but it's the best 44 Spl revolver I've ever shot. It was line bored and I shoot only factory or my lead reloads in it and it's very accurate and a delight to look at. David does truly excellent work and is very free with his advice on building reloads for it.

Last edited by Santafe66; 02-06-2021 at 02:26 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: