View Single Post

Old 02-08-2021, 01:11 PM

Liked 115 Times in 15 Posts

I was a little surprised at first at how many carry a Glock 10mm up here for bear protection. After some research I found there are some substantial heavy bullet loads available for the 10 specifically for that purpose. I carried a 10mm Special (40 S&W) Glock as a duty weapon and have always liked it, though now I have a 48 9mm on my hip most days, simply for the weight reduction.

The 610 has intrigued me, especially the four inch. I am a big fan of four inch N frames. I have thought for some time that S&W should bring out a run of Mountain Guns in 10mm. I'd buy one. I have also occasionally pondered having a four inch 28 rebored and chambered for a 401 Powermag, a rimmed 10mm so to speak. I have one of the single action Powermags and over 700 rounds of brass. Seems like a four inch 28 would be a natural for that conversion.

As has been stated, you'll not gain anything over your present 41 magnums. But does that matter? To me a 610 sounds like fun and certainly a useful iteration. Nobody ever accused gun nuts of being practical.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: