View Single Post

Old 02-11-2021, 01:57 PM

Liked 1,821 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan the Butcher View Post
If it has no memory, you'd have to punch in the weight every time !

Mine is a 12 year old (or older) RCBS. After warm up and calibration, you type in the charge and hit start and away it goes. To repeat just hit start again. bout 10-20% of the time it would go over weight and give an "error" warning. Using ball powder instead of extruded cut that to less than 5%. With extruded powder (Varget or IMR 3031) I found my RCBS 5-0-5 beam scale is faster overall!

Ivan
I have the RCBS charge master and my experience is the same as above. With mine, the machine beeps when the weight hits the target load. Unfortunately it sometimes goes over, so once the machine beeps you have to wait a few seconds to see if the weight continues to go up, which it not infrequently does. However, it retains the charge load until you change it. For the next load, all you have to do is replace the pan, and as soon as the weight hits zero, the next charge starts dispensing. I find it much faster to just dump a load by hand from the Redding powder dispenser and weigh it, as opposed to waiting for the RCBS powder machine to slowly come up to weight and stop.