View Single Post

Old 02-12-2021, 08:47 AM

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James E. McCall View Post
Well friends of the Model 39 I bought two in 1969 (one went to my brother who was also on the Teaneck PD NJ cost was $167.50 and when I first fired it was surprised how accurate it was, had the wide full extractor all the way back to the safety.I ran thousands of ammo thru including handloads and it never misfired or failed to extract and it is still accurate to this day. A few years later bought another 39-1 Nickeled w smaller extractor and that one was a honey and was able to shoot out the bullseye with that ,it was accurate as hell even with handloads. A few years ago I was at a Gun Show in PA and while talking with a merchant about 39's he said he had a full kit for a 39 including slide, barrel and all the internal parts and all the springs and whatnot bought it for $200.00 and further conversation he also had another kit for a Nickeled 39 and would be back at the next show and again I paid $200.00 for that kit minus the small parts but had the slide & barrel plus recoil spring and rear handguard also nickel. I haven't check the lands and grooves yet but I will eventually. Good shooting with you 39's PS When I went off Patrol after 20+ years I was assigned to the ID Bureau and subsequent to that went to the FBI academy for further training at Quantico Va. for Forensic training including the first DNA gathering and advanced fingerprinting , photography Etc. Was allowed to take my 39 with me and shot it out with FBI trainees and outshot them all (with my Nickeled 39) Well I was Marine Corps trained on the 1911A1 so it was duck soup to me. Well talk to you again sometime.
Thanks for that informative reply!!

Hope I'm lucky enough to find a kit as you did for my blue 39 :-)

Best Wishes!