View Single Post

Old 02-12-2021, 10:23 AM

Liked 17,201 Times in 2,911 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte Smitten Wesson View Post
The PPK is generally more desirable because that's the one that James Bond carries in most of the films.

The PPK/S is basically a hybrid between the full-size Walther PP and the subcompact PPK that was only invented in order to bypass the Gun Control Act of 1968.
Most Walther fans prefer either the PP or PPK to the PPK/S. It's also worth noting that the PPK is less common in the United States due to the aforementioned Gun Control Act which rendered it ineligible for importation into the US. However, that's only true of imported models, as the PPK can and has been produced domestically under license.
Interarms has both imported and domestically produced the PPK, so depending on whether or not yours has the tell-tale "Made in USA" on the slide, it could be a rare pre-GCA model.

Personally, I prefer the PPK/S for the longer grip, but I'm in the minority there. Most folks want James Bond's gun, and that's the PPK.

Knife + handgun photo thread-20201226_124035-jpg
My Smith & Wesson manufactured PPK/S
Don’t feel lonely because I feel the same way. After shooting a friend’s old German PP variation .22 (I think it was a PP) I wanted one in .380. But I specifically desired the 1968 compromise gun, the PPK/S. I liked the longer butt with shorter slide. So I waited until an Interarms popped up for sale in the $400 range and got this for $425 with ammo about ten years ago. But the original James Bond PPK is for sure more desirable.

Last edited by Wyatt Burp; 02-12-2021 at 10:47 AM.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: