View Single Post

Old 02-14-2021, 01:19 PM

Liked 8,922 Times in 4,137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by .38SuperMan View Post
I’ve not tried swc’s in my 45LC cartridges but I have experimented with the 200 grain RNFP lead bullets I use in my 45LC and used them in 45acp rounds with excellent success. I’m planning on doing a side by side between swc’s an RNFP in 45acp and see how they actually compare. I’d like to reduce the number of different types of bullets I order. I favor from a practical standpoint the RNFP since I shoot 1911’s, 625 45acp, single action 45LC and lever action rifles. I don’t think my lever guns would feed SWC’s very well although my Henry BBB 357 feeds swc’s without issue.
I've had three lever-actions in .45 Colt. One was by EMF; it was junk and was returned, probably twenty-five years ago. I don't know if I ever loaded the magazine on that one. Another was a Winchester '92 reproduction by Miroku. It fed the 255 gr. SWCs fine, but bullets had to be more deeply seated than they did for revolver use. The Winchester '94 Trapper so far feeds anything without problem or special consideration for OAL, but the 255 grain SWC is the heaviest and longest bullet I have tried.