Thread: Building a 52
View Single Post

Old 02-14-2021, 09:16 PM

Liked 14,738 Times in 5,023 Posts

JohnHL, this is WAY too easy since it won’t cost me a single dime to throw down the gauntlet, but prove it. I think you are way out in the weeds if you tell us that you could get a Model 59 frame to feed and function with .38 Wadcutter ammo in a gun you built with a 52 top end.

Now since it is (most likely) your customer service frustration that has fueled your post, I have no problem giving you a pass on the idea that you could actually make this work and agree that we are simply having fun with the subject but on a serious note, I am half shocked that you are professing no interest whatsoever in any 52 when we both know how much respect you have for Mr. Dwayne Charron, and the 52 is with no doubt his most fantastic single accomplishment at S&W, where he certainly had many.

For that reason alone, I’m a little perplexed at the tone of your post.

The S&W Model 52 and it’s descendants have a magic and an aura to them. It’s my opinion that if a handgun lover were to handle one and be lucky enough to shoot one and came away unimpressed in every way, that person needs their head and heart checked.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: