View Single Post

Old 02-17-2021, 01:27 AM
Banned

Liked 856 Times in 315 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by slabside2 View Post
Yep you are correct. Sig.ammo will fit in the moon clips but the cylinder won’t close. All the other ammo I tried work fine.
I shoot a S&W 625 .45 with moon clips so it is of course different. That said, depending on how bad you want to use full moon clips you always have the option of taking the gun to a "top qualified gunsmith" to have the cylinder cut for use with whatever full moon clip you desire. That will solve the cylinder closing problem and said gunsmith can make sure it functions properly at the same time. Do you have chamfered chambers for faster more reliable speed loading of your full moon clips? If not you might want to consider that also. Hope that helps!

I am looking to get all that work done to a S&W Performance Center 629 .44 Magnum 2.6" as for some unknown reason the S&W factory does not see fit to do that on the S&W Performance Center 629 .44 Magnum 2.6" while it does on the S&W Performance Center 627 .357 Magnum 2.6" 8-shot in their lineup. I checked with the factory and S&W does not offer to have the work done to the S&W Performance Center 629 .44 Magnum 2.6" through their "custom shop" before delivery new either. Its a shame you have to have a Performance Center handgun sent to an outside gunsmith to perform the same options they do to other Performance Center revolvers in-house.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: