View Single Post

Old 02-20-2021, 02:19 PM

Liked 1,370 Times in 158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleCooner View Post
Just something to separate the less knowing from their money.
Hmm, "less knowing". What does that mean? I've had a few Smolts and Cougers (Ruger Security-Six with a Python barrel) over the years and currently have two Smolts and one Couger. My luck with Pythons hasn't been the best (had a new one out of the box go out of time in the first couple of rounds fired), plus the prices on the older models are crazy (in my opinion). I've had a 6" stainless Smolt on a Model 66 and a 4" stainless Couger both built in the last couple of years. Price has been right about $1400, which included the cost of the gun, barrel (Which isn't cheap anymore), and labor. The 4" Smolt built on an older Model 15 cost me about $450 to do, but that was many, many years ago when barrels were cheap. The ones I've sold over the last few years were priced about the same (between $1200-1400), basically getting back what I had in them. The guns shoot great (not sure if they're any better than a Python), but I do prefer the S&W and Ruger actions to the Colt (easier for me to smooth up, and are more durable). Plus, my local smith that built them does phenomenal action work (that's also reasonably priced) on both S&Ws and Rugers, and built these guns for Bill Davis Company back in the day. I'll admit they are a bit of a cult thing, but I think they look cool, balance beautifully, and shoot great. Just my "less knowing" opinion of course.

The Following 11 Users Like Post: