View Single Post

Old 02-20-2021, 02:41 PM

Liked 586 Times in 275 Posts

I stopped at Cabelas a couple week ago just look around. Very few handguns and the library was closed. I was going to the grocery store today 1 block away and decided to try again. Library was open but no desirable guns there.

I went to ammo aisle and noticed 1 guy carrying 10 single boxes to checkout counter. I asked what he was buying and it was Winchester M855 556 value packs The price was $ 79.95 for 150 rounds. I started to walk away and then decided to buy a couple of boxes. I paid for them and went to my car.

I decided to buy more and picked up the last 5 boxes He asked if I was a member of their club. I asked if their club included a Visa credit card. I replied that I had too many credit cards. Without their card they would only allow me to purchase a total of 5 boxes. I did so and left.

I pay my credit cards off every month to avoid charges. I thought about returning what I had bought as a matter of principle. But I asked myself when was the last time I had seen 556. So I was happy to get the 5 boxes at 60 cents a round.

One of the guys in the ammo aisle said Cabelas ha 9 mm in the morning. But there were 75 people in line so he left