View Single Post

Old 02-20-2021, 04:36 PM

Liked 202 Times in 90 Posts
Default Shoot enough to be scared?

I’ve read all of the slowing down on shooting or even stopping all together posts because of no supply of anything from ammo down to even head space gauges of all things. So this is a supply type question.

At the rate my son and I shoot, it’s a miracle to use 50rds per firearm we take to the range, usually take 3-5 which at least one is a .22. Single shot takes forever, sure, but even if I take a 30rd mag, I’m done after one go with it, lose interest. I’d like to know how folks can blast through darn near a crate every time they go and not be bored to tears by then. I’ve been a one a week to once a month type go to the range, my dad is the same way, even losing interest for a couple years, then picking back up again. These 2-4 times a week folks that blammo for hours on end, that’s too much like work to me, I’m not a fan of work either.

People that reload usually tend to have quite a bit of stuff on hand, just the nature of reloading, I’m good for a real long time at the rate the two of us go. And I don’t have much.

So how do you guys feel, I don’t want pictures, inventory levels, none of that. Just how you feel with what you have vs how you realistically use it.