View Single Post

Old 02-20-2021, 05:56 PM
US Veteran

Liked 6,685 Times in 2,117 Posts

I am retired and shot just about every week last year when the weather was decent. The year before, I had a health issue and did not get to shoot much. I shot twice a week a few times and 3 times once when I was teaching a friend of my wife. It is a 45 minute drive to the range and once or twice I drove down and turned around and drove home as the place was full. My wife and I were staying real close to the house and I enjoyed the time on the road.

I typically load a bunch of magazines as I go to the range to shoot, not load mags. I probably shoot a hundred each of .45's and 9's. I usually take a .22 and shoot maybe 50.

I was shooting mostly factory 9 as it HAD been cheap and I had a lot of it. Toward the end of the season, I was shooting 9mm reloads as I had all of the components I needed. I have shot nothing but .45 reloads for over 40 year and had a good supply of that also.

Once the weather warms up, I intend to do the same as last year. As I said, I have a lot of stuff on hand. I am also having another birthday soon and don't know how much longer I can do this. When the time comes, friends will get my guns and divide up the ammo and components that are left.

Last edited by max; 02-20-2021 at 05:59 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: