View Single Post

Old 02-21-2021, 10:16 AM

Liked 87 Times in 38 Posts
Default Star Firestar Plus 9mm???

Just picked up a Firestar Plus 9mm on the cheap!! Got the box, manual, cleaning tools and a pistol all in very good condition.

However, I'm am more than a bit confused!!! I'm finding YouTube videos that say its a single stack that holds 7 in the mag with one in the pipe. Still others say its a 13 round double stack (M-243???).

Mine came with 2 factory mags (according to the original owner from whom I bought the gun) and 1 after market mag, all of which are single stack - 10 round capacity. None of the 3 mags extend below the bottom of the grip as you would expect on an expanded capacity mag.

The owners manual is marked as "Model M-43 Firestar" and says it's a 8 rnd capacity. The slide on the gun is stamped "FIRESTAR PLUS". According to what I've found on the internet, that's the name that was given to the M-243 double stack configuration.

I've found NO information related to a 10 round configuration!

I tried to call Star over in Spain, but for some reason their phone just rings and rings and rings................

Hoping there's a STAR Expert out there who can help me understand what I've got!!

Thanks!!!

Last edited by huskerbob; 02-21-2021 at 10:24 AM.