View Single Post

Old 02-22-2021, 11:19 AM

Liked 12,670 Times in 3,374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4 View Post
Thanks, I appreciate the great review. We included 2 moon clips because that’s what other manufacturers were including with their revolvers. I still need to pick up one of these and a 310.
You should rethink the number you include. My Taurus 905 came with 5.

At best, two gives you a reload, and if you bend one all you have is a spare with no reload, pretty well defeating one of the main advantages of having moon clips.

Assuming a 100% markup on your $8 moon clips, including five would increase the price by $12. I suspect you'll lose fewer sales than you will now with two.

Prospective buyers don't want to have to worry about moon clip availability and that's one reasons I covered aftermarket availability. No one wants to buy a fairly uncommon 9mm revolver and then not have a sufficient/future source of spare moon clips.

Noting the small number available on the Advance Tactical website isn't all that reassuring to a prospective buyer, given that AT is the distributor - and an entity that may or may not continue to carry/support the product in the future.

To be honest I bought 10 moon clips from TKS Customs. They make them and have the cad file to make more of them, it's their business and I have a higher level of confidence they'll still be selling them 5-10 years down the road. So I want to support them.

----

That skepticism isn't your fault, it's an artifact of other importers like CAI that import firearms like the CZ99 Precision/MP22 and then don't offer support (let alone long term support) in the form of things like spare magazines. CAI doesn't make anything. They import firearms, or parts kits that they assemble (often quite badly). Finding a magazine for an MP22 was impossible until Zastava changed their US importer and then it still took Zastava USA well over a year to start stocking things like spare magazines. Given that Remington Charles Daly, CAI and Zastava all imported and sold the Remiongton Model 5 / CZ 99 Precision / MP22 in the US it was annoying that no one sold spare magazines.

Which in short is why a reliable source of magazines or moon clips is a big part of the purchase decision. However in the store, the customer might now have the time or means to research availability and five moon clips is far more comforting than just two.