View Single Post

Old 02-22-2021, 04:01 PM

Liked 12,375 Times in 1,902 Posts

I've had mine for several years and have posted it before. I got it in a trade at a gun show and thought it would be a great winter carry gun.

I put the Ahrends Retro Banana grips on it for looks and forgot to replace them with the rubber grips for LEOSA qualification. I was shooting 200 grain GDHP ammo for the qualification course of fire. Thirty rounds of daylight and 30 dim light. For some reason I did not "choke up" on the grip on the first station of fire. It broke the skin on the web of my right hand, but I was not going to stop. The range master asked me if I wanted to stop shooting when he noticed blood dripping from the bottom of my hand. When I go home I had to remove the grips to clean the blood off the frame (under the grips). It was totally my fault, for one not swapping out the grips and two for not holding the gun correctly. It was also the last time I ever qualified with the gun.

Like the 642ti that I carried as a backup/off duty gun for years, 364 days of pleasure and one day of pure agony.

Last edited by WCCPHD; 02-22-2021 at 04:02 PM.
The Following 13 Users Like Post: