View Single Post

Old 02-22-2021, 11:33 PM

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default M41 - Old or New?!

So: I’ve wanted a s&w m41 for years, and I’m finally feeling ready to take the leap and buy one. However, now I’m debating over whether to purchase a NIB m41 off gunbroker, or to purchase a vintage, late 70’s m41 in excellent condition from a user on my local gun forum. The two guns I’m looking at would cost almost exactly the same price.
From what I’ve been told, the older m41’s have somewhat nicer “fit and finish”, but ultimately, the newer guns shoot just as well. Plus, the newer guns come with a warranty and all that good stuff. I’m a shooter more than a collector; however, I’ve had bad experiences with the quantity control of newer s&w’s, and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Covid and the massive uptic in gun purchases has made those problems even worse.
Anyway, any and all advice is welcome!!

P.S. - I do realize that this question (or variants of it) have been asked countless times on this forum and others. However, I think it’s worth revisiting that discussion, especially considering the effects of Covid and the firearm buying frenzy that is occurring right now.