Thread: Gun in the sun?
View Single Post

Old 02-23-2021, 05:43 PM

Liked 1,270 Times in 693 Posts
Default -20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrefrig View Post
If I still had the pool out back, there would not have been one bit of blue in the clouds!
My cousin in San Antonio had a Pepsi bottle blow up in her hand somehow, when they were real glass, as she was going back out to her car to get it. Her tendons in her hand got sliced pretty bad; several operations, etc. Somehow they determined it wasn't the heat that caused it. I don't know how, but they (law firm) proved faulty bottle. For the record, she said she never called the law firm; her insurance co. got involved.
Since we are talking about heat, I figured this would make everyone smile. About 3 weeks ago my wife left 3- 2 lt bottles of soda on the outside porch. The nights were around -20 to minus 25 for 3 nights, I mentioned the sodas and she brought them into the kitchen. After approximately 10 min I heard a Loud bang and went running into the kitchen with a gun, I thought my wife had fired a gun. There was soda Diet/ Decaf all over the kitchen along with shards of plastic. It blew apart the dish drainer it was sitting in, I wanted to contact Coke, but figured they would blow it out of proportion and the bomb squad would be at the house. My wife took the other bottle back to the porch where it exploded in about 3-5 minutes. The third bottle had cracked and was leaking into the sink as it warmed. There were brought into an approximately 70 degree kitchen, so why would it go bang? I have seen bottles, both glass & plastic freeze and crack, but never go bang. I think it may be due to the amount of CO2 in the soda? Be Safe,