Thread: Model 69 44 mag
View Single Post

Old 02-25-2021, 12:17 PM

Liked 7,270 Times in 2,479 Posts

Personally, I've never been one for the whole follow-the-leader mentality in which one should drop whatever has been proven tried and true in favor of chasing the latest trend, so the fact that more folks are carrying 10mm Auto these days means nothing to me. Good for them for finding what works for them, but I would rather carry a .44 Magnum.

Furthermore, that quote from the report you posted reads an awful lot like a publicity blurb, a little too much for my taste to be honest. It just comes off as the sort of slanted report that one would expect from an avid fan of the the 10mm cartridge. I would be more convinced by something a bit more impartial, preferably from someone who has carried both a .44 Magnum and a 10mm Auto.

If you aren't confident in you ability to handle the recoil of .44 Magnum under pressure, then that's fine, everyone is built differently, but don't go making silly remarks asserting that everyone is more likely to smack themselves in the forehead under the intermediate recoil of .44 Magnum. As difficult as it may be for you to accept, there are folks who can easily handle the recoil of .44 Magnum under pressure and have been doing it for decades. Heck, there are even folks who can handle the recoil of the mighty .500 S&W Magnum quite well, such as Kentucky Ballistics on YouTube, and you do yourself no credit by making such demonstrably false proclamations.