View Single Post

Old 02-25-2021, 01:09 PM

Liked 2,029 Times in 796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex1001 View Post
Last February I acquired a 3913 with 3 extra factory mags. Factory mags are not to be found...
I bought a 3913 in the classifieds, fortunately from a generous and patient(!) forum member. Came with one original magazine, one other S&W mag, and one aftermarket. All three work fine at the range. Have not hear a single complaint from any of the paper targets...

Single stack magazines are available at local gun shows, just not as cheap as they used to be. $10~20 a couple years ago has become $20~40 today, depending on which. Metal follower magazines seem to be at the top end of that range.

I've been picking them up for a couple years here and there, all seem to insert and lock up just fine. The 3913 may be more forgiving than the other single stacks. I have nothing else to compare, although I am on the lookout for a 39 too.

The trouble for me and all the other non-experts is knowing what is original to any one of the specific single stack models, not so much finding "some" S&W magazine that will fit... the bigger online sellers can't be bothered to confirm if the magazine they are selling with a gun is the original type.

I feel like the problem is a shortage of information, not a shortage of magazines!

Last edited by PeteC; 02-25-2021 at 01:12 PM.