View Single Post

Old 02-27-2021, 01:01 AM
US Veteran

Liked 7,880 Times in 2,833 Posts

You might have just as well asked "What's Your Favorite Knife?" because that's really the answers you're getting.

I don't have a big box of knives. I own five pocket knives, two of them are twenty plus years old.

I have a Buck 110 that I bought in 1995(ish)
I have a Schrade L7 that I bought in 2000(ish)
I have a CRKT Ignitor that I bought about 5 years ago
I have a Buck 110 Slimline that I bought last year
I have a Benchmade 710 that was gifted to me last year.

Of the five only the CRKT is an assisted open knife but it's a Righthand knife so I haven't carried it for several years. It's a good thirty dollar knife if you're right handed.

The Schrade is a Buck 110 built by another company. It's not assisted open but I put a Kwik Stud on it and I can open it one handed.

The Buck 110 Slimline is an updated Buck 110 pocket clip knife. It can be carried right hand or left. It has a thumb stud and can be opened reasonably easy with either hand but it's not an assisted opener.

The Benchmade 710 is ambidextrous as well and opens much more smoothly than any other knife I own. It was the first Axislock knife Benchmade ever made. I carry it every night at work, more to honor the friend who gave it to me than anything else but it's also becoming my go to knife to carry off the clock too.

My Buck 110 is the knife I've owned the longest. It's the utility knife I use the most. I carry it at work nightly as well and I reach for it more often than the Benchmade. It's not an assisted opener but I put a Kwik Stud on it as well and I can open it one handed with either hand if I need to. Most of the time I just open it.

Of the five the Buck 110 is my go to utility knife. I suspect it's the one I'd carry daily off the clock if I didn't carry it daily on the clock.

Last edited by Smoke; 02-27-2021 at 01:02 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: