View Single Post

Old 03-04-2021, 07:12 PM

Liked 6,614 Times in 2,198 Posts

Well, Clark's said they can cut down a Commander rod to the right length, but the takedown hole for the wire won't be in the right place. (Of course.) Didn't sound like they were willing to drill a new hole for the shorter Officer's length rod.

So, once I get tired of compressing the longer 22lb flat-wire spring on the rod, and holding the reverse plug back far enough to let me slip the front and rear of the rod into place, and then control/release the plug to go forward into the spring tunnel ... I'll probably give you call, BMCM, and arrange for you to drill a takedown hole in the King's Officer's rods for my friend and I.

Meanwhile, I've got to use that slick new Brownells tool to tighten the front staking of the plunger tube (or replace it, depending what I find), and I'm waiting for one style of the newer Wilson's Officer's/Compact 7rd mag to arrive (compared to the old design I have from many years ago). I've already received one of the Ed Brown Officer's mags, and a couple of the 7rd Tripp Research Officers mags, to test out in that Officer's.

Once everything proves shipshape on the live-fire range, I'll resurrect that stainless Officer's to serve as a retirement CCW. It has some personally meaning to me, as it came from my father, and the custom work was done by my former instructor/armorer mentor (back before I became a Colt armorer). Both men are now passed. My former instructor/armorer mentor built some very nice PPC revolvers (S&W K's & Colt Python) and 1911's.

Now, we return your channel back to the CS45 recoil spring topic ...

Last edited by Fastbolt; 03-04-2021 at 07:26 PM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: