View Single Post

Old 03-25-2021, 09:43 AM

Liked 48 Times in 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBill View Post
I never had an interest in an AR-15 but given the present situation in this country with a gun ban for semi auto assault rifles looming sooner or later do I need one? Should I buy an at-15 just to have one? It’s a AR-15 vs another handgun?
What would you do?
Everybody needs America's Rifle IMO.
Buy an AR lower and keep an eye on PSA (Palmetto State Armory) rifle kits.

Just last week things were almost semi normal and you could find a nice carbine or mid length gas system 16 inch bbl for $469 with free shipping.

This week demand jumped and all that is gone and we are back to $650 for a Kit. While not the $299.00 prices of a basic kit in the salad days of 2019 it is still not what it'll be if we get another AWB. I lived the first one and acquired my AR back in 94 just beating the deadline.

My AR is appropriately neutered with fixed stock, no flash suppressor, Magazine lock or paddle fin pistol grip. 10 round magazines, I still wouldn't trade it for a lever action or most anything else.

I live with the screwed up ultra restrictive California gun laws and fear the current party in power will ram our laws down the throat of the rest of the country.
I already can't buy ammo from out of state. It must be in person, in state, with full background check and a form and my signature for each caliber and round count.

Bob 459

Last edited by Bob 459; 03-25-2021 at 09:47 AM.
The Following User Likes This Post: