View Single Post

Old 03-25-2021, 05:41 PM

Liked 3,665 Times in 422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte Smitten Wesson View Post
That's really cool. The USP9 Elite is a lot more expensive than the 45, especially when it's one of the older models that came in a aluminum case like yours.

Mine is a brand new 2021 (CB date code) model which comes in a more plain plastic clamshell case.

Upon breaking down the pistol for clearing I'm even more impressed. All of the machined parts are so smooth, smoother than any other gun that I own. No sharp or rough edges anywhere, everything is just rounded off and smooth. I know that this probably shouldn't surprise me considering the price, but it's a first for me. I'm very pleased.

I'm also pleased to discover that although the trigger has a built-in overtravel stop, it's unnecessary on my particular example since the trigger breaks fully to the rear.

I've ordered a few boxes of Buffalo Bore .45 Super since it was available. It wasn't cheap at $32 a box, but oh well, I already splurged on the gun, might as well splurge on the ammo too. Besides, .45 Super is really only available from 3 companies, all of which are boutique loaders, and the other two were completely sold out, so its not like I could have done any better.
I got three boxes, two FMJ, one JHP, the later of which will likely become my Hertengerger Buscadero Ticondas at the prices I paid.
Its European spec models that come in the aluminum case. Mine was actually built in 2020.

As for your observations, yes, they are high quality pistols. Very accurate also.
The Following 2 Users Like Post: