View Single Post

Old 03-26-2021, 02:34 PM

Liked 458 Times in 268 Posts

Yes, get one if you WANT one. I too resisted and didn't think I wanted one until after I saw several show up at LGS several years after the 2012 run on them. It was a Rock River that spent it's life in it's case under a bed, owned by a doctor who bought several at that time.

Anyone can learn to run one, they are lightweight, adjustable, have little recoil, and easy to reload. They are so multi-purpose and can be configured any way you want.

I also lent it to my SIL who is a LEO when he didn't yet have one of his own. He was able to qualify with it and have it at the ready with him just in case and until he was able to save up for one of his own. When that one came back, it became my dedicated coyote-gun.

If you do get one, find a good defensive carbine class. It is amazing how well you can run one under stress if you ever need to. If you add an optic or red dot, you'll need to learn about the mechanical offset difference when using it at close range too, like inside your home.

Late last year, I convinced my son that HE should get his own too. He got a nice PSA lower then waited for the right PSA upper and is sure glad he made the decision then!

So, if you want one, go get one...but hopefully you can find enough ammo and mags to practice. But be careful, they are fun!

Last edited by firefighterjohn; 03-26-2021 at 02:36 PM. Reason: grammar