View Single Post

Old 03-29-2021, 11:31 PM

Liked 1,151 Times in 325 Posts

My ARs are some of the most accurate and fun rifles I own. Light, accurate and infinitely customizable. You can turn it into whatever you want, and later if you want some other version you can do that too. They are, plain and simple, the adult lego/erector set of the gun world. With top quality ammo I can shoot half MOA at 100 yards and with some handloads of mine I can and do get those down to .300" and on a good day, less. No recoil, more aftermarket support than a glock or 10/22, tremendous ammo variety, caliber variety and more. For 19 years all of mine were 5.56, not 223 Remington, 5.56 chambered guns. Tiring of this a bit I recently got into 6.8SPC and love the cartridge. Accurate as my 5.56 handloads? Can be but not quite but the power level is just about right between a 308 and the 5.56 all with nothing more than a bolt, barrel and mags. Same small size frame and portability, also is a hog hammer and a fine deer round. Even better the 6.8 doesnt suffer from velocity loss out of short barrels like a 5.56, at least not nearly to the same degree.

Hey, I like blued steel and walnut too but I'm not going to deny myself a fine, fine rifle because its black, plastic and aluminum.

You can even build it yourself, just dont try to get fancy, build to a spec and you'll be fine.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: