View Single Post

Old 03-31-2021, 11:49 AM

Liked 246 Times in 108 Posts

Magazines for older firearms are quickly becoming the "New Black" as they say. Doesn't do you much good to have a Model 52 or some other pistols if you can't afford or find the magazines for it. Model 52 mags have become the Golden Fleece so to speak. I used to turn my nose up at old crummy looking ones, or parts for them, but I changed my thought process on that. Now I look for the parts and pieces of old M52 magazines and I have put together some decent ones at bargain basement prices. If the bodies are in rough shape I vapor blast them and have them parkerized which hides the imperfections and is pretty robust and prevents rusting. Those old "put together mags" are what I use to shoot with today and I save the nice looking ones for posterity.

I too contacted a couple of magazine manufacturers re making magazines for the M52 and received the same "sorry but" reply. I am not in anyway connected to a manufacturing process, but I wouldn't think if a company is already making a multitude of different magazines that it would be all that difficult to tool up for M52 magazines. You wouldn't even need to make them with all the bells and whistles of a factory magazine, just a magazine that would work even if loading it would be more difficult. Sadly I don't see much relief coming down the pike of this one and it's pay $200 or more dollars or walk away.

Oh and primers are so expensive now that sellers are selling them by the 100 primer tray instead of by the 1000 count brick. If you can find 1000 primers for under $250.00 buy them if you need them because that's a good price today. Some of these individuals are nothing but wolves in sheep hides.

Rick H.

Last edited by Rick H.; 03-31-2021 at 12:01 PM.